GENERIC SWEEPSTAKES RULES
Eligibility/Revision of Rules
- Some sweepstakes will have specific rules that may amend these generic eligibility values and these rules will be available on the Sponsor’s website during said sweepstakes. Rules and other policies referred to above are also available during normal business hours at 1132 Bishop Street, Suite 2500, Honolulu, HI 96813.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular sweepstakes, sweepstakes are opened to all eligible people who live or work within the State of Hawaii.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular sweepstakes, the entrant must be 18 or older to win, as of the day the sweepstakes begins.
- Unless otherwise specified in rules specific to a particular sweepstakes, only one entry per household is permitted in a sweepstakes. “Household” is defined as any individuals residing at the same address.
- After winning a sweepstakes, the individual/household is ineligible to win any other sweepstakes for a period of 30 days
- Sweepstakes are open to all eligible people except employees of the Sponsor and their immediate families, officers, directors and stockholders of the Sponsor, or sponsors or agencies involved in the production or distribution of materials for this sweepstakes. Immediately family is defined as the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- If it is determined that a selected entrant is ineligible as a result of any of the restrictions mentioned here or part of rules specific to a particular sweepstakes, another entrant will be selected, any prize awarded to an ineligible entrant will be deemed null and void, and an alternative eligible winner will be named.
- The decision of the Sponsor personnel acting as the sweepstakes judges is always final.
- No purchase is necessary to enter any sweepstakes. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
- Eligible entrants can receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry via mail without purchase. At a minimum, entrants must include the name of the sweepstakes or the prize, the entrant’s verifiable and legal name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and date of birth. Entries can be mailed to Sweepstakes Entry, 1132 Bishop Street, Suite 2500, Honolulu, HI 96813. Mail-in entry requests must be mailed separately one (1) mail-in request per envelope and be postmarked by specified Sweepstakes start date and received by specified Sweepstakes end date in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Mechanically reproduced mailed requests are automatically void. Mail-in requests that do not contain a verifiable and legible name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth will be deemed incomplete and will not be valid requests for a Sweepstakes entry.
- Although the Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to conduct its sweepstakes substantially as announced or advertised, the Sponsor reserves the right to change the sweepstakes rules as circumstances may require. Amended rules will be posted on the website as quickly as possible. In such cases, the sweepstakes will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
Use of Materials
- All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor reserves the right to retain all sweepstakes materials for any reason, including those related to publicity and/or advertising.
- Anytime an entrant enters or wins a sweepstakes via in person, texting or online, the entrant should assume that the communication will be recorded and, as a condition of entering the sweepstakes, grants the Sponsor permission to use the entrant’s name and town and/or photo for promotional, broadcast or website purposes. No compensation, in cash or kind, beyond the prize itself, shall be expected or provided.
- If a sweepstakes requires photo entry, the entrant certifies that he/she has permission to publish the photo and grants permission to the Sponsor to use the photo on its website.
- For any sweepstakes requiring web entry, the website will be specified. Unless otherwise specified in the sweepstakes rules for a specific sweepstakes, Sponsor personnel will choose winners randomly. Entry deadlines will be specified.
- For any sweepstakes requiring text entry, the entrant will be instructed to text a certain word to a specified phone number. Entry deadlines will be specified. Unless otherwise specified, Sponsor personnel will choose the text winners randomly.
- For the Sponsor’s web sweepstakes, e-mail promotions, and sweepstakes requiring an email or written entry, all appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or the entry will be disqualified. Required fields will be specified online and on entry forms available at events.
- By entering a sweepstakes, the entrant agrees to be added to the Sponsor’s data bases. If a entrant wishes to modify his/her registration information or stop receiving e-mails from the Sponsor, he/she must click “Unsubscribe me” at the bottom of any newsletter or similar electronic form. Entrants can opt out of text messages by responding to text message with the specified opt out word. If an entrant opts out and subsequently enters another sweepstakes, the entrant will have to opt out again.
- The Sponsor will contact winners at the conclusion of a sweepstakes via phone and/or email. The Sponsor will not share the winner’s entry information with anyone except as necessary for prize fulfillment (ex: a co-sponsor of the prize may need to know who won the prize).
- Sweepstakes winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state, and federal taxes on the prize awarded, as well as incidental expenses not specified (for example, gratuities). All winners of a prize(s) valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Sponsor’s office prior to claiming a prize. Winners will be sent a 1099 Miscellaneous Income federal tax form if in one calendar year, the prize value of all prizes exceeds $600, or whatever amount is required by federal law for that tax year.
- Entrants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the entrant that is acceptable to the Sponsor, and presented before the prize is awarded. For prizes valued at $600 or more, the winner must present a Social Security card. Failure to present acceptable paperwork will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize. No substitute prize will be awarded.
- Winners will be expected to claim their prizes at the Sponsor’s office at 1132 Bishop Street, Suite 2500, Honolulu, HI 96813, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on a prize which will be specifically stated (for example, tickets to an event or a specific date must be claimed by that date). Parking in Sponsor’s building’s parking structure will not be validated so winners should plan accordingly. If circumstances permit, the winner may be given the option to have prizes valued at less than $600 mailed to them. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and is not responsible for providing an alternate prize if the winner does not receive mailed prizes. Prizes not claimed by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the prize, which shall remain the property of the Sponsor
Transferability and Substitution Not Permitted
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable or exchangeable. Any prize or other award provided in connection with any contest or sweepstakes is provided at the discretion of the Sponsor. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. The Sponsor is not responsible for unforeseen circumstances, and no substitute prizes will be awarded if such circumstances exist. The Sponsor is not responsible if a prize has been given by a company that subsequently goes out of business and no substitute prize will be awarded if such situation exists.
- The Sponsor assumes no liability for situations, damages, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any sweepstakes. The Sponsor, its advertising agencies, affiliates, sweepstakes sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any sweepstakes or prize awarded in any sweepstakes. As a condition of winning a sweepstakes, entrants shall sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the entrant’s right to claim or receive the prize.
- In the event that the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e., garnishment, child support order, judgement, lien, and the like), the Sponsor’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as the Sponsor awarding the prize to the winner. The Sponsor shall be entitled to rely upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. The Sponsor shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- Where applicable, the Sponsor, its affiliates, participating sponsors, their agencies and the like, or any member thereof, makes no claims of merchantability of the prize. See manufacturer(s) for complete warranty and operating instructions as it pertains to the prize.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any sweepstakes or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of the Sponsor’s management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- The Sponsor shall have no responsibility for any entrant’s failure to win, win or claim any prize based upon difficulties with telephone, facsimile, mail, texting, email, internet, or transportation difficulties, or any circumstances in any sweepstakes.
Par Hawaii, Inc. values your privacy and will not violate your trust when providing us your personal information through our e-mail, text messaging, or other sweepstakes entry forms. Please read the following statement and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Par Hawaii, LLC may collect personal information during sweepstakes, as well as interactive areas requiring registration, and as a condition to entry into any contest or sweepstakes the participant consents to such collection. Information is collected in certain portions of sites in which guests provide content submissions and suggestions or participate in interactive online activities (e.g., voting, surveys, and sweepstakes registrations). Information is also collected when entrants enter texting sweepstakes or enter information from our email newsletters. Par Hawaii, Inc. may use such information to fulfill prizes and purchases, track compliance with our rules and terms and conditions, or for editorial and feedback purposes (to the extent that is explained when guests provide the information). In the event Par Hawaii plans to post any such information on a site, guests are typically provided prior notification of such posting and given the option of preventing such posting.
Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, Par Hawaii, LLC will NOT provide any personal identification information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. Par Hawaii, LLC does not post winner e-mail addresses or phone numbers online. It is our goal to make your visits to our site easy, private and enjoyable.
Information submitted at the time of registration or submission (whether via internet, texting, email or via written entry) may be use for marketing and promotional purposes by Par Hawaii, LLC. If any contest or sweepstakes entrant objects to any such use, he/she may stop that use – either by e-mail request or by modifying his/her registration information online, and we will endeavor to stop such use as soon as practicable.