Par Hawaii ’s assets include a refinery, which can process up to 94,000 barrels of crude oil per day; 27 miles of distribution pipelines; and a single-point mooring terminal. In addition, Par Hawaii's gasoline and diesel are sold through a network of 128 retail locations on Oahu, Maui and Hawaii islands. Our company will be headquartered on Oahu, Hawaii.
Commercial sales are a vital part of Par Hawaii’s commercial marketing business, and consist of two major segments -- aviation fuels and heavy fuels. Par Hawaii provides commercial sales of jet fuel and marine fuels to the marine and aviation industries that serve the state of Hawaii as well as trans-Pacific transportation routes.
Investing in Our Community
We have approximately 660 exceptionally skilled employees who are dedicated to safety and customer service. Our employees are proud of their history of contributing their time and energy towards helping those in need.The joining of Mid Pac Petroleum and Hawaii Independent Energy, two organizations with deep local roots and long-standing commitments to investing in Hawaii and supporting local nonprofits, has ensured that our charitable commitments will continue. Following are some of Par Hawaii’s valued community partnerships:
- Mission Partner of Special Olympics Hawaii and year-round supporter for more than 25 years
- Mission Partner of Hospice Hawaii and presenting sponsor of Hot Pursuit, the nonprofit’s family-oriented fundraiser for seven consecutive years
- Corporate supporter of the Hawaii Nature Center for more than 25 years
- Corporate sponsor of the annual Hawaiian Canoe Racing Association State Championship Canoe Regatta
- Proud sponsor for 28 years of the state Department of Education – Driver Education Program’s Operation Driver Excellence teen driving challenge
Our Commitment to Safety
Safety is paramount to every operation and activity we undertake at Par Hawaii. We recognize that our responsible stewardship impacts every employee, every contractor, and every member of the community in which we work, and we embrace that responsibility.
We promote a culture of continual safety improvement with a keen eye for evaluating and managing risk to ensure our implementation of programs, policy and procedures all contribute to the secure and successful delivery of energy to our customers.
We Commit to:
- Put the safety of our colleagues and our community first
- Comply with all applicable rules and regulations
- Recognize and plan to mitigate potential risk
- Recognize and prioritize protection of sensitive environments
- Minimize environmental impact
- Undertake thoughtful and careful remediation of any environmental impact
- Strive for continuous improvement
Health & Safety Recognition
- 2012 American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) Award of Merit for Total Recordable Incident Rate of 0.0
- 2012 AFPM Award for operating one year without a Recordable Incident
- 2015 AFPM Meritorious Safety Performance Award for Total Recordable Incident rate of 0.3
Highlighted Safety ProgramsActive collaboration between represented workers, management and contractors through
- Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Process Safety Management Committee
- Hazard Recognition Plus Steering Committee
- Contractor Safety Council